- Alexa can notify you about deals on items you want to buy up to 24 hours in advance of a sale.
- You need to enable Shopping Recommendations in the Alexa app to use the feature.
- Alexa will give you deals notifications on anything you put in your shopping cart, wish list, or save for later.
If you have a new generation Amazon Echo smart speaker or Amazon Echo Show smart display, you can now get advance warning about deals on products you want to buy and have stored in your Wish List or shopping cart.
You don’t have to wait for Prime Day deals to know if Amazon is discounting an item in your wish list, for example — Alexa can advise you 24 hours in advance, and automatically make the purchase when it actually goes on sale.
How to set up Alexa deals notifications
Alexa can notify about upcoming deals up to 24 hours in advance with a yellow ring on your Echo speaker or by displaying an on-screen notification on your Echo Show. You need to be an Amazon Prime member and own a recent model Echo device. Finally, you need to enable the feature in the Alexa app:
1. Start the Alexa app on your mobile device.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap More.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap Notifications.
5. Tap Amazon Shopping, then in the Shopping Recommendations section, turn on Deal Recommendations by swiping the button to the right.
After you’ve taken care of all the prerequisites, anytime you indicate interest in a product, Alexa will notify you when the product is going on sale. There are three ways to tell Alexa to keep an eye on a product:
- Put the product on your wishlist. On the product page, click Add to List and, in the dropdown menu, choose Wish List.
- Put the product in your shopping cart. On the product page, click Add to Cart.
- Save the product for later. Leaving a product in your shopping cart can be dangerous, because it’s easy to make the purchase by accident. Instead, you can save it for later. After putting an item in your cart, go to the cart and then click Save for later. You can still see it from the shopping cart page in the Your Items section, but you can no longer accidentally purchase it.
From now on, Alexa will notify you about upcoming deals on any items that are on your wish list, in your shopping cart, or saved for later. To make a purchase, you can use a voice command to instruct Alexa to buy a particular item when a deal goes live.