NASHUA, NH — Five Nashua nonprofits were among 21 local organizations that recently received grants from Merrimack County Savings Bank Foundation, the bank announced last week.
The Merrimack, as the Concord-based bank is known, awarded a total of $65,485 in grants to assist the organizations in their community efforts.
“As a mutual savings bank, it’s important that we give back to the communities that have supported us for the past 155 years, ” said Linda Lorden, president of The Merrimack. “Through economic highs and lows, the Foundation finds a way to make these grants possible.”
The Nashua nonprofits that received grants were:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Nashua received $3,850 to purchase LEGO Education Spike Prime sets to be used for STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) programming for Grades 4-6.
- Family Promise of Southern New Hampshire received $3,150 to purchase supplies for families who are temporarily displaced and entering the residential program.
- Marguerite’s Place received $2,569 to create family empowerment programming for families experiencing homelessness.
- The Front Door Agency was awarded $5,000 to provide affordable housing, education, job training and supportive services for single mothers and their children who are experiencing homelessness.
- YMCA of Greater Nashua received $2,300 for its Y’s Power Scholars Academy, which will help 400 under-resourced Nashua children who are behind in their grade level.
The other nonprofits receiving grants from The Merrimack were:
- Boys & Girls Club Central New Hampshire, Sutton
- Brigid’s House of Hope, Concord
- Catholic Charities New Hampshire, Manchester
- Circle Program, Plymouth
- Concord Dental Sealant Coalition, Concord
- Concord Hospital Trust, Concord
- Family Promise of Greater Concord, Concord
- Friends of New Hampshire Drug Courts, Concord
- Girls Inc. of New Hampshire, Manchester
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) of New Hampshire, Concord
- Overcomers Refugee Services, Concord
- The Pittsfield Youth Workshop, Pittsfield
- SEE Science Center (SEE), Manchester
- Step Up Parents, Portsmouth
- Waypoint, Concord
- Webster House Children’s Home, Manchester
More information about the Foundation’s application process is available on the Merrimack County Savings Bank website.